Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How to love your body


In a society where stick thin models are portrayed everywhere, it is hard for most women to look at their bodies and actually love them.  I often find myself looking at what I don't like about myself, rather than focusing on the good.  Can you relate? I'm on a mission to start loving my body instead of hating it for what it isn't.  I just wanted to share some tips that I find useful in that journey and hope to help others do the same. :)

1. Stop comparing yourself to others

Yes, you've probably heard this one before, but it's TRUE!  You are YOU and your body is unique in itself.  That's the beauty of it, you have your own look and you can rock it as you choose.  What's most important is that you are being healthy and exercising and trust me, as long as you are making those choices then your body will love you back.  Just be the best version of YOU.

2.  Stop the self hate talk

Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and say eww look at my "--------"  or you are talking to your friend or someone and you say how fat you look in something or I don't like this about myself, etc etc.  I know it's hard, I do it sometimes too, but you have to make a conscious effort to stop the negative talk to yourself.  As the mind is a powerful thing, so we must feed it positively.

3. Start focusing on things you like about yourself
Every day you should look in the mirror and say at least ONE positive thing about you.  Even if it's not about your body, something you like about yourself.  That will help boost your confidence.  Remember it's OKAY to love you!

4.  Take care of YOU

A lot of us have families, husbands, jobs, etc etc and we often put ourselves last.  While it's good to love and take care of others, you also have to do the same for you!  Eat healthy, exercise, and give yourself a treat every now and again, whether it a pedicure, new hair, or just a new outfit, something that makes you feel good inside.

5.  Realize you can't be perfect

Heads up, NO ONE on this earth is perfect.  No matter what you see on magazines, TV, or anywhere, everyone has their own flaws and that's okay.  The more you accept who you are and embrace your beauty, inside and out, the better you will feel.  


Remember, love, respect, and take care of your body, you only have one. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment