Saturday, September 3, 2011

Should you weigh yourself every day?

I was searching online about the benefits (if any) there are to weighing yourself every day.  Came across this article, I copied some of my favorite parts.  The web address is at the bottom for anyone who would like to read the entire article…check this out …
How Often Should I Weigh Myself?
Posted on May 18th 2010 2:00PM by Liz Neporent
As kryptonite is to Superman, the bathroom scale is to most women. It weighs mere ounces, but its ability to measure pounds strikes fear into hearts of females everywhere regardless of age, background, education or socioeconomic status. Scales and what they represent seem to have a deeply personal meaning for a lot of women. Perhaps this is because we give the scale a lot of power and perhaps because our weight has a tendency to symbolize our feelings of body image and confidence.
It seems to me that if a number bothers you that much, as I suspect it does a lot of women, then it is not a number I would invite into my life on a regular basis (I LOVE THIS STATEMENT!).  I would toss the scale into the trash and save the weight checks for the doctor's office.  And even then I would skip them unless absolutely necessary.  Because, when you come right down to it, the numbers are sort of arbitrary anyway.  Scales tend to be highly inaccurate; and scale weight doesn't tell you much about the muscle, bone and flesh distributed within its value.
Your body weight can fluctuate as much as five pounds during the course of a day and even more as a result of your monthly cycles, so what is the number really telling you?

Taken from 
http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/05/18/how-often-should-i-weigh-myself

No comments:

Post a Comment